You Really Want It?
Two friends are chatting about their diets. The first one says, “I want to be healthy and feel great.” The second one says, “I intend to be healthy and feel great.”
Which one do you think is going to get healthy and feel great?
Yep—the one who intends it!
Wanting is simply wishing you can have or do a particular thing it. Intending means you’re committed to achieving something by making a plan for success—and sticking to it!
The Fuel for Desired Results
The key to intention is action – try this to build your intention muscle:
- Get clear on what you want. Create a vision board by gathering images and words that pertain to your goal, and gluing them onto a large piece of construction paper. Hang the collage in a spot where you’ll see it often. (Or, you can use an online service like Pinterest to create a digital vision board.)
- Do something to make your desire happen. Let’s say you want to eat four servings of vegetables a day. Your first action may be to go to a farmers’ market and purchase a few veggies you can cook for dinner.
- Celebrate your achievement! Don’t forget to congratulate yourself for meeting your goal.
How to Have a Great Day… Every Day!
Did you know that you can even set an intention to have a great day?
Rather than diving into your morning and hoping you’ll achieve your day’s big goal, why not take a moment and set yourself up for success?
Try this “Setting An Intention to Succeed” exercise used by professional athletes, speakers, politicians, and performers:
- Upon waking, lie in bed and think about what you have planned for your day (or, find a quiet spot to sit and contemplate).
- Think about your desired outcome. Take a deep breath and visualize yourself succeeding.
- Replay your success several times in your mind.
- Next, add other senses, including sounds, smells, and touch. For instance, as you replay your success, you now also hear the director offering you the gig, or you feel the physical sensation of your finger hitting the “send” button on your latest assignment.
- Lastly, replay the scene again, adding emotions. Feel your elation at getting the part, or your pride at finally finishing your work.
You can perform An Intention to Succeed, throughout the day as desired.
GET EVEN HEALTHIER!
Are you curious about how happy good health can make you feel? As a Health Coach I can
help you make your own healthy changes. Let’s talk! Schedule an initial complimentary
consultation with me today—or pass this offer on to someone you care about.